Required reading for any James Bond fan, with a little bit of everything in a single volume: the authors, the “phenomenon,” the novels, and the films. The first edition covers the novels though John Gardner's Icebreaker, and the films through Octopussy and Never Say Never Again. The second edition has a “1988 Update” appended, which covers the novels through John Gardner's Scorpius, and the films through The Living Daylights.
- New York: Dodd, Mead. Hardcover. ISBN 0-396-08383-8
- New York: Dodd, Mead. Softcover. ISBN 0-396-08384-6
- New York: Galahad, 1986. Hardcover. ISBN 0-88365-705-8
- Rev. ed. New York: Dodd, Mead, 1988. Softcover. ISBN 0-396-09399-X
- Booklist, 1 September 1984, p. 17.
- Ed Kelly, “Plenty of 007 Tales Are Still to Be Told,” Buffalo News, 5 May 1985, Newsbank LIT 110:E13.
- Publishers Weekly, 7 September 1984, p. 77.
- Stil., Variety, 19 December 1984, p. 94.