The original edition of this book was pulled from circulation after a successful libel action was taken by Mr. Kevin McClory. The dispute was caused by certain unfavorable accusations made about him by Mr. Bryce in a chapter titled ‘Showbiz is Ghastly Biz’. The revised edition incorporates many changes, including heavy editing of the ‘Showbiz is Ghastly Biz’ chapter.
- London: Weidenfeld and Nicholson. Hardcover.
- Rev. ed. London: Weidenfeld and Nicholson, 1984. Hardcover.
- Rev. ed. Frederick, MD: University Publications of America, 1984. Hardcover.
- Tim Heald, “Georges and Ian: The Sad Facts,” Times, 30 August 1984, p. 11.
- Alastair Forbes, Times Literary Supplement, 19 December 1975, p. 1511.
- Mark Amory, “Most unBondlike,” Times Literary Supplement, 28 September 1984, p. 1076.